A new version of Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 is released which brings many new changes including proper Jailbreaking and installing Cydia without SSH, support for upgrading iPhone 3GS, 4 to iOS 6 without updating basebands.
Do you want to Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G on iOS 6? Redsn0w 0.9.15b1 will let you do that without any complications. Please note that it is a tethered Jailbreak for only for iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G. However, iPhone 3Gs old Bootrom will have untethered, fully functioning Jailbreak. Carefully, follow the step by step guide posted below.
- Download the latest version of Redsn0w which is 0.9.15b1 and the iOS 6 firmware files for your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 and move them to a specific folder.
- Extract the Redsn0w, Just right click on the Redsnow app, and click Run as administrator from the popup.
- Now from Main screen of Redsn0w, click on the “Jailbreak” button.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and turn it off while connecting with iTunes. Now, you will need to put your iPhone in DFU mode, Click on the “Next”.
- Redsnow will show you the steps to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- As soon as Redsnow detects an iPhone in DFU mode, it will start exploiting it with limera1n.
- Now, Select the “Install Cydia” and hit next
- Redsn0w will again go through all process and in the end your iPhone will be restarted. You have successfully Jailbroken your iDevice. But as this is a tethered Jailbreak so you will need to boot tethered from your PC.
- Leave your iPhone Connected and return to the main screen of Redsn0w.
- Hit on “Extras” and then select “Just boot”
- It will again need to put your iPhone in DFU mode, follow the on screen instructions carefully and you have will have a perfectly jailbroken iDevice.
That’s it! Your iPhone 3Gs, 4 or iPod Touch 4G is successfully Jailbroken on iOS 6. In case of any problem, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.