The iPhone’s camera has been one of the best mobile cameras available in the market and with every iPhone camera getting better and better with more functionality options, it looks like it will soon be beating Point-And-Shoot cameras. Despite the new things Apple has added to the iOS 6’s camera app, there are still tons of features still lacking. Is there an app for that? Well now there is (but only for those lucky jailbroken ones), because CameraTweak can do that for you.
CameraTweak is a jailbreak tweak that, when installed, adds tons of new features to your iPhone’s camera app.
There are four additional tweaks which are added by CameraTweak. When you are in the Photo mode,
- Advanced mode: The advanced mode gives you the functionality to swap out the combined exposure and focus reticle for two separate reticles geared towards handling exposure and focus. Each reticle can be positioned separately, and locked independently of one another using a tap and long hold.
- Time Lapse mode: This photo-only mode it lets you capture time lapse photos over a specific preset interval of time. You can set your iPhone to take time lapse photos between 1 and 60 seconds or 1 and 60 minutes using this mode.
- Timer: Well it’s pretty basic, it just lets you take photos after a set time.
- Composition overlays: iOS has a built-in feature of doing a 9-block grid. This photo-only mode just adds three additional layouts to it.
And it doesn’t end at that, because it also has a different set of tweaks when you are in Video mode,
- Advanced mode: Same as the advanced photo mode.
- Custom Frame Rate: Set the frame rate of video capture between 1 and 60 frames per second with this mode.
- Resolution: This mode lets you set the resolution of video capture on your iPhone with Low (3g transfer), Medium (Wi-Fi transfer), 352×288, 648×480 (VGA), 960×540, 1280×720 (720p HD), and 1920×1080 (full HD).
- Aspect Ratio: This mode lets you select between three aspect rations. 4:3, 16:9, and 2:35:1 for capturing video.
With all these awesome features of CameraTweak, it comes as quite a pleasant surprise that it is available from Cydia for just a 99 cents so you should better grab it before the developer decides to raise the price. This tweak is available on the BigBoss repo of Cydia.